County Road 5 was established in the fall of 2003 and has exceeded the expectations of its members and fans alike. The group has endured the rough terrain like many groups do, of finding permanent members, creating a marketable product, and establishing their own identity. Finding time in their busy schedules of 250 performances per year and writing original music, they have released four albums thus far, with more albums in the works. The first album titled “Drink about it” was released in the fall of 2007. This album contains “Drink I couldn’t handle”, and “Drink about it”, "Gone Fishin'" among several other songs that have been featured frequently on many occasions via radio, internet, and television! These songs were in the Top 100 Most Requested Songs of 2008 on Radio Free Texas (“Drink I Couldn’t Handle” - #16 & “Drink About It” - #34). The second album “County Road 5, Out of control at the Hilltop” was released in the fall of 2008, which is a live recording at the legendary Hilltop bar in Tonganoxie, Ks. A music video was then released for the song “Drink I Couldn’t Handle” in the fall of 2008 and is featured on many media outlets throughout internet and tv including... CMT's "Concrete Country", GAC’s “Edge of Country”, Youtube, XM Sattellite Radio, Lonestar Music, Radio Free Texas, NIXA Country, among many others. The third album titled "Asphalt & Whiskey" was released in the Spring of 2012. The "Asphalt & Whiskey" album has finally sealed the identity of the group, given them their true sound they have been searching for, and has been the most downloaded, most sold, and most popular album released thus far. CR5 released a music video for the song "Country's What You Got" in the Fall of 2012, and it has been featured on CMT's "Concrete Country", GAC’s “Edge of Country”, Youtube, XM Sattellite Radio, Lonestar Music, Radio Free Texas, NIXA Country, among many others as well. They filmed and recorded their fourth album which is a CD/DVD Combination in the Winter of 2014 titled "Locked Up & Live at The Lansing Correctional Facility" which was released in the Spring of 2014. They are also working on writing and recording music in preparation of their fifth album titled "Brighter Day" which will be released sometime in the near future. County Road 5 has expanded from the KC metro area to audiences and markets throughout the country. The music this group has created from their own artistic talents is currently on radio stations across the country.CR5 has also made several live television appearances throughout the U.S. on The Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Fandemonium", RFD TV's "Tough Grit", as well as many local TV stations. Their music is currently on XM satellite radio, Lone Star Music, Nixa Country, Radio Free Texas, among many radio stations throughout the country. Having a large presence in the online community through Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Website pages they have generated over 500,000 hits and mp3 downloads.
The group has been featured with national acts such as; Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Luke Bryan, Craig Morgan, Joe Diffe, John Michael Montgomery, Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Brantley Gilbert, Jerrod Nieman, Travis Tritt, Little Big Town, Trace Adkins, Pat Green, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, The Band Perry, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Houser, Colt Ford, Parmalee, Thomas Rhett, Scotty McCreery, Gretchen Wilson, Jimmy Wayne, Eli Young, Jason Boland & The Stragglers, Reckless Kelly, Trent Tomlinson, Rodney Atkins, Jake Owen, Emerson Drive, Randy Rogers, Kevin Fowler, Wade Bowen, Roger Creager, Turnpike Troubadours, Hunter Hayes, Dustin Lynch, JB & The Moonshine Band, Cody Johnson, Stoney LaRue, Steve Holy, LoCash Cowboys, Matt Stell, Mike McClure, Darryl Worley, Chris Knight, Brandon Jenkins, No Justice, Casey Donahew, Cory Morrow, Rich O'Toole, Mickey and the Motorcars, Bart Crow, Bleu Edmondson, Cody Riley, Ryan Bales, John D. Hale, and Travis Marvin, among many others...
A few of the venues where County Road 5 has been featured are:
- Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - Bonner Springs, KS
- Kicker Country Stampede - Manhattan, KS
- Frontier Days - Cheyenne, WY
- XIT Rodeo & Reunion - Dalhart, TX
- The Balloon Fiesta - Albuquerque, NM
- Night on The Kaw - Desoto, KS
- Ribfest - Wichita, KS
- Arrowhead Stadium - KC, MO
- Kauffman Stadium - KC, MO
- Kansas Speedway - KC, KS
- Great American Barbecue - KC, MO
- American Royal Rodeo - KC, MO
- Kansas State Fair
- Missouri State Fair
- Nebraska State Fair
- KC Live! Power & Light
- Wormy Dog Saloon - Oklahoma City, OK
- The Granada - Lawrence, KS
- The Bottleneck - Lawrence, KS
- Voodoo Lounge - KC, MO
- Toby Keith's I Love The Bar & Grill - Denver, CO
- Little Bear Saloon - Evergreen, CO
- Dirty Bourbon Saloon - Albuquerque, NM
- The Outlaw Saloon, Cheyenne, WY
......as well as many other hot spots across the country! No matter what the call for their unique talents and sound may be, these guys are always ready and willing to do what they love.
County Road 5 has also had some local/national media companies ask to lend their instruments and voices to radio advertisement jingles and TV commercials such as:● McCarthy Chevrolet (Kansas City Metro)
● McCarthy Dodge (Kansas City Metro)
● Champion Lending (Kansas City Metro)
● Qua Paw Casino (Oklahoma, Southern Kansas, and Missouri)
● Shawnee Mission Hyundai (Kansas City Metro)
● Tilton Realty (New York, New York)
●Texas Rally House (Throughout Texas)
.....among many others.
The boys in CR5 are familiar with hard times, when a hand up is needed they are ready for the challenge. They have been involved with several charitable events from The American Cancer Society to local groups searching for ideas to attract the masses. The following are just a few of these events:● American Cancer Society - Crawl for Cancer
● March of Dimes – Biker’s for Babies
● American Red Cross - Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund
● American Cancer Society - Walk for the Cure
● MDA - Back Roads BashCounty Road 5 had offered their services in 2009 as the “Touring act” for the American Cancer Societies “Crawl for Cancer”. This means they will be the headlining act at many of the cities across the country that hosts this event. Some of those cities include Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, and many more.